Search This Blog

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Doing the math


I did some counting and figuring. With the the arrival of the newly painted miniatures in addition to what I've already painted I am doing pretty good. Here's what I have in terms of the infantry companies and Color Guards.

US done

66 companies
7 Color Guards
or... 396 infantrymen for the companies

CS done

55 companies

11 Color Guards
or... 330 infantrymen for the companies


Also... 15 artillery pieces and crew, split in half per side.
For the Union I started painting stuff just for fun games. Three of the Color Guards have flags which I can't use in the game. They are done but these Color Guards have flags from states that didn't participate in my scenarios. *grrrrr* For the Rebs it is the opposite. I had an idea what I wanted to do with them so Barksdale's brigade is totally done, much of Kershaw's and a good deal of G.T. Anderson's brigade. I just started on the Color Guards of Ward's US brigade (almost done) and the CSA brigade's of Semmes and Wofford (half done).
 
At the rate I'm going, I'm optimistic I will reach my goal. I was going to calculate how much left I have to finish but... I didn't want find out. Kinda what Han Solo said, "Never tell me the odds!"  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment