Search This Blog

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Giving a Tour of the Gettysburg battlefield

14th Brooklyn near the Rail Road Cut
So it is confirmed, I'm giving a battlefield tour in April for friends. I can't wait. The bummer is that they will only be there for 2 days so I can't really get into it as much as I'd like. *sniff sniff* I'm told they are really excited to go which makes me happy. The guys have never been there before and I came highly touted so it is quite an honor for me. Now I just have to pray the weather will be nice. There is nothing worse than going to Gettysburg in the rain. It's the kind of location that you want nice weather so you can hike around and REALLY see what it is like. Travelling about on a tour bus is for tourists, not a history buff. For Civil War fanatics like me it is a huge let down.

Strike the tents!

No comments:

Post a Comment